Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday in the Park

Well, kinda. At the golf course will have to do, at least for a little bit. Scramble starts at ten this morning. World turns and...

-Netflix movie last night: Tokyo Story, a 1953 Yasujiro Ozo directed movie examining relationships, this time with the focus on older parents and children who have drifted off to their own lives. I see from a review that this movie is considered one of the best movies ever. Wow, that surprises me what with there being little plot and a pace that is just above stop (a reviewer: "languorous placidity "). Still, there was something that kept my attention, or maybe it was the whole of it, the way the film was put together, the small cramped settings from the tiny houses to the narrow streets to the overhead shots of a community packed with homes smack up against each other, the straight forward, no frill way the people dealt with each other and with life. I enjoyed it; Diane watched just a bit of it.

Got to get to the golf course... World turns - love the spin I'm in (ok, what's the song name and artist - Frank Sinatra? It's playing in my head, probably for the next several hours.)

No comments: