Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The word 'barrel'

Just a little bit ago, Diane came out of the den with the flyer I had created about the special contests at the golf course for the Tuesday Men's League. She was getting after me for my wretched spelling, again, and apologizing for not noticing it a little earlier. Just for your information, the word was 'barrel' and I had slipped another 'l' onto the end of it, making it 'barrell'. Seemed okay to me though I did wonder at the time, Monday afternoon. Bric Parker happened to be out in the parking lot so I asked him if 'barrel' had one 'l' or two. He wasn't exactly sure so he asked Curt Johnson who was just a few cars down. Curt, ever the helpful one, wanted to know how big the barrel was, as if that had anything to do with it. Never did get an answer to my question and by the time I got back into the clubhouse, didn't even remember that I had a question. So, the flyer got printed and the Tuesday Men played their golf and day passed to night and... Well, Diane got herself up on a Wednesday morning and saw the flyer. She's out playing golf now and I don't expect coming across too many misspelled words. And I'm here making sure misspell is spelled correctly - did use only one 's' the first time...

No comments: