Monday, December 19, 2011

My Belize City Guardian Angel

The lady with the blue shoulder bag made sure I stayed on the straight and narrow down in Belize City as I made my way back to the cruise ship.  I had spent a couple of hours in Belize City and headed back in the direction I thought was correct.  But I was not sure.  So I stopped this young lady and asked her for directions.  What made her my Belize City Guardian Angel is that she took the time to stop on two other occasions (guess she was kinda heading in the same direction) over the next fifteen to twenty minutes to clarify the directions and to ensure that, because of the high crime rate (40%, whatever that means), I did what she said: no going across the street; no going down a side street.  So, a big thanks to the lady with the blue shoulder bag for helping me out.


No comments: