Sunday, October 5, 2008

Notes on a Sunday morning

-Tips here on more effective use of our electronic goodies, like computers, cell phones. From the NYTimes and includes a bunch of stuff that I didn't know. Now if I can only remember. You know exactly what is going to happen - I'll not have any use for any of these for a day, a week or maybe even a month; and then I will. And I'll remember vaguely that there was something I had read recently that would make that something so much more easy but, of course, have no idea where or what that something was. Guess I could always 'google' 'computer tips' or whatever.

-Cubs stink up the post season after smelling like roses throughout the regular season. Guess they all had made post season plans way back in the spring and hated to have to change them. Or something. (Note: can't believe it's been 20 years since the Dodgers have won a post season series. They sure picked a fine time - as in Lucille - to change their fortunes.)

-Irish win. Boilers and Hoosiers lose. Whoppee for the Irish. North Daviess football team also won this week (Eric and Lucas and Ian are much involved in the ND football program).

-Have it from good local (Republican/Conservative) authority that Indiana and Florida will remain Red on Election Day in less than a month. Hmmm...

-Danielle has started blogging!!!

-Finished Japan at War, An Oral History, a few days ago. This is a book about the Pacific War way back in the early 1940's from the perspective of the Japanese. Well worth the read and again demonstrated for me the humanity that we all share. We really are all brothers and sisters, family. Have started Prisoners of the Japanese which promises to give me a quite different take on the Japanese, I expect. Monsters and ghouls? Btw, have I said that war is stupid recently?

-Diane has a blog! She's back from North Carolina a day and two nights now. She and Cathy and three other SMC'ers had a hiking and laughing good time.

No comments: