Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A gliding heron, a well paid rest, voter supression, and Sergio's comments

Picture: Blue Heron making a move yesterday afternoon. He wasn't real sure of what I was doing but was going to stay well away from me. Didn't mind the geese in the area.

Of Note:

-Need a rest? Here's a NASA research project that pays $5000 a month for three months for laying around letting your muscles atrophy. Wouldn't mind the rest but hate the idea of trying to un-atrophy my muscles. Am already having a terrible time trying to find what to do with the five pounds someone gave me for Christmas. Diane says someone gave me five pounds for Easter, too.

-NYTimes editorial suggesting (overtly) that Republicans are trying to suppress turnout with requirements that make it harder to vote - like photo id in Indiana and now proof of citizenship in Missouri. So, tell me what else is new?

-Several local golfers asked me yesterday if I had heard Sergio's first comments on accepting the trophy at The Players on Sunday (I hadn't): Thanks, Tiger, for not showing up (paraphrase). I guess Sergio is is admitting that TW's presence is a distraction of a sort.

-Subbing for Jason Rominger in the Men's League today. Hope my A game follows me to the golf course in a bit. (Wednesday morning update: if my A game followed me, it was way back out of sight somewhere; had to use my D game which wasn't any fun at all. Did enjoy the company though.)

No comments: