Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Younger by half...

Marty hooked up the new broadband service here at our house yesterday. Wow! Let me say that again: Wow! What a difference it makes! Before the faster internet speed (and marty tells me this is half the speed that he has in Indy), we were traveling around the cyber world like strollers in a crowded department store. And now we soar with the eagles or, more accurately, the satellites circling the globe. A few examples: I visited Vietnam through these pictures which I wouldn't have even attempted to download with dial up. And just now I listened to Josh Marshall give his suggestions for the Golden Dukes awards while I practiced putting, again something which I would have automatically skipped two days ago. Zounds and kerjunkles! New worlds opening up to us'ins in this house on the hill. Younger by half? Heck yes as I speed around the world sampling first this and then that, spend time there and then race back to here so as not to miss anything. Of course, as we sat at the table this morning, Marty with his Mac laptop and me with his Dell laptop (sorry, Diane, he only brought two laptops with him), we multi tasked with email and national news while at the same time commenting and discussing stuff we see and are concerned about and drank coffee and nibbled at Christmas morning goodies.

Old hat for all of you who have been experiencing broadband, part of your every day life, no big deal. Hey, this is running water in the house and light after dark for us cabin dwellers who have spent time in the hills away from the amenities of 20th and 21st century life. It's license to drive and that first kiss and even a hole-in one! Yummmmm.

No comments: