Sunday, January 13, 2008

Holy Mama! Colts Lose...

Did you check out the ten day forecast for the Boston area before watching the game today? I did. Supposed to be sunny with a high of 16 degrees next Sunday there. Brrrr. And then we watched the Colts lose to the Chargers (Bolts?). Plenty of blame to go around but Manning certainly had his chances; defense couldn't stop the passing of the other team; Colt receivers dropped passes; Harrison fumbles his first catch in ten games as Colts are driving for a score early. Oh boy...

No vested emotional interest in the other teams so the NFL season is over for me; can go on to other things in the sports world: golf, college basketball, horseshoes, bowling... Oh, and taxes, too, which I got started just the other day.

I remember what one of my younger brothers used to say all the time: what goes around, comes around. You remember Tuesday night, don't you? Hillary's surprise victory in New Hampshire. Remember how sweet it was? That apparently was the go around. The come around just arrived. Darn.

(In the things-that-matter column, I would weight the Tuesday competition just a tad more important that today's. Yeh, I know, a lot of you would disagree.)

Darn again.

p.s. Hope the Hoosiers don't make matters worse by loosing to Illinois up in Bloomington. Were doing just that the last time I looked (30-34 at half time).

Update: Here's a good article from cbssports.com on the meltdown of a whole bunch of Colts but not Manning who actually was exceptional.

And, btw, the Hoosiers did win...

No comments: