Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The second day of the new year

The sun is trying to heat its way through a cold morning haze and I have just spent an hour catching up on this and that in the world around me, at least the world given to me via the internet. Of note:

-Number One Son Marty sends a note about Kiva, a pretty cool organization in the business of helping get money to individuals around the world. The internet allows for a peak into their lives and what it is they are doing. Marty's helping people in Peru and Azerbaijan. Very cool.

-Iowa caucusing takes place verrrry soon. My prediction: Clinton, Edwards and Obama get enough support to carry on with their campaigns. Nothing gets decided in Iowa other than some of the lesser lights fade into oblivion. Would like to see Chris Dodd continue though his demise, along with that of Joe Biden, would throw more support to Hillary, me thinks. I do have a suggestion: why not a national primary day where everybody gets to vote? and what is this allowing Republicans to vote in a Democratic primary? Never did understand that.

-Didn't watch much football yesterday, less than a minute's worth. That was plenty. Did see that the Hawaii team failed to win against Georgia and thus missed out on a perfect season. Also saw that IU failed in its bowl game as well. Darn.

-We are getting some cold weather but only for a few days. And then a fairly major warm up for an extended period of time, a week anyway. Holy Cow! That means that you don't have to go down to the local gym to lose all those extra pounds you found over the holidays; you can come walk them off at the golf course. Great idea. Count me in though that does remind me that I really should go have some breakfast. Later...

No comments: