Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Supposed legal justification for torture, new Hoosier coach

Picture: A little reading time for Leah.

Of Note:

-WaPo lead article reveals legal argument for torture. This guy Yoo was off the deep end from the start as far as I'm concerned. He obviously believes in an imperial presidency and the god like powers of the president in times of crisis. What I don't understand is that the WH believes that a memo from the Justice Department gives them cover and authority. I mean, John Yoo as the final say on what is law? Come on. Of course, maybe he's just a handy fall guy for the press and others to point to and blame. (Lots of blame to go around and it's the guy in the WH that holds the buck - you remember Harry-the-buck-stops-here guy.)

-lots of activity and energy all around me as Diane and Danielle and Naomi and Leah get ready to head north for a couple of days. Might be a tad quiet around here during that time, especially if I'm at the golf course.

-Tom Crean new coach of the Indiana Hoosiers boys basketball team. Looks like a very good choice to my very nonexpert eyes. Kravitz gives his two cents worth here.

No comments: