Thursday, March 15, 2007

Me bad...

Yesterday Eric asked if I'd completed my brackets yet; I told him, again, of my earlier all Catholic Final Four, to which he replied that's was just for fun; how about your real picks. Hmmm, my real picks. I'm not sure my unreal picks are all that bad. He has Florida and Ohio State in the Final Four, and I expect he has his brackets completely filled out now as he and Colleen (his wifey) are both intensely interested in college basketball. Diane could care less, has other things much more interesting to keep her as busy as she wants to be. I enjoy the hoopla and the intensity of this March Madness. It really is an amazing tournament where the best get together and shoot it out among themselves - all in a relatively short time. Reminds me a little of pick-up games way back when I was in high school - I would wander over to the Rockne Center at Notre Dame on Saturday mornings and get into scratch games with all the college students - I forget how many courts there were at the Rock. A bunch. I also forget whether we played half or full court games - I think full court. But it sure was fun, like colts racing around just for the sheer joy of running, of exercising, of pushing our young muscles to the limit. So, March Madness is upon us. And that, along with all the good golfing weather we've been getting - as Jackie Geason would say, how sweet it is! And it sure is.

Had Todd and Mark and Noah and Eamon out as a foursome the other day; wouldn't it be something to have them challenge Nicholas and Ethan and Mark and Logan to a nine hole game here at Lakeview? I'ld put money on the Loogootee lads.

Update 1 (1pm): Okay, I'm going with the house today, betting on the knowledge and wisdom of the seeding crew to do their job well. There will be 4 upsets in the 32 games - just don't know which ones. On CBS right now: Texas Tech (Bobby Knight) and Boston College - it's late in the game and it's close. Saw that Louisville is having a verrrry easy time.

Update 2 (Friday morning 11:10) Add Brent and Joel to the suggested golf game between Lions and Vikings basketball players. The only Viking I know for sure that plays golf is Luke Harmon, Patti Bowling's grandson. The Lions, on the other hand, have a bunch of golfers moonlighting as basketball players.

No comments: