Monday, March 26, 2007

This and that




At the golf course, where I've spent a lot of time with the warmer, more friendly weather. And while here the world has continued to turn. Of note:

Tiger wins, again - ho hum. Lorena, too.
Georgetown stuns UNC; advances to Final Four!
Grass is growing; neighbors are mowing.
Forsythia is blooming - our world is filling with Spring color.
Golfers keep coming down from the hills, being seen for the first time in months.
Somewhere baseball is about to start but I haven't heard a whisper where.
The political blogs I read are abuzz with the USA-purge story/scandal; and the
Iraq mess.
Reading a Cormac McCarthy book: No Country for Old Men. Called a modern day western, it's a dilly.
The other three:
Ohio State, Florida, UCLA.
Eric corrected me on the proper name of one of the contenders to the NCAA basketball crown. He says: "It's Memphis, Dad, not Memphis State". I thought about that for a minute and told him he was wrong, it is Memphis State. Fortunately, Jack Butcher, an alumnus, was out here playing golf at the time. Jack patiently told me that it is Memphis now but that it was Memphis State when he graduated. Ah, no wonder I was confused - hadn't updated my memory chip yet on the name change. Funny how that happens. Definitely me living in and remembering things as they used to be rather than as they are.

No comments: