Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday with the Birds

It's bright and it's early and here I am up with the birds and off to the golf course shortly to help Eric with the mowing. Community League starts today. Tuesday Boyz start tomorrow at Country Oaks at 8:30am.

Here's the UK version of the results at Sawgrass. Tiger finished at level. Sean O'Hair's misfirings at #17 and #18 cost him around half a million dollars. Pocket change for some but probably not him, yet.

On teaching History backwards. For me history is both interesting and relevant and I can take it up either in it's current happenings or from a long bygone era. It does seem to me that the relevance of it all would be more obvious taking it from the now and working back. But both the interest level and the relevance of it all can be enhanced mightily by the doings of the teacher. I also refrain from reading books dealing with current events because I like my history to have the coloring and objectivity of age, the passage of time, which allows for more information to come to light, more perspectives to be verbalized, and for the cooling of emotions and all that subjectivity.

Heading to the greensward.

No comments: