Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More Mid-week Stuff

Tuesday Men Note:

Did you notice that Terry Padgett and Dave Wininger shot 69's in the 18 hole Indiividual Handicapped Tournament? Only two that came in under par. That's impressive.

Under Reported Stories:

Visited Mother Jones.com and came upon this link which gave me a list of what some group considers the most under reported stories of 2007. One that caught my eye was the one suggesting that the WTC buildings were brought down by explosions and not the fires created by the airplane crashes (#18 in the list). Hmmmm. And how about #24: Chaney's Halliburton Stock Rose Over 3000% last year. I'm sure whatever the VP has in the way of stock is in a blind trust so no way could he have influenced an increase in his own wealth. In fact, like me, I am sure he is kicking himself for not insisting that his wife and children invest heavily in said stock. Oops, it's all stock options and he says he will donate any after tax profits to a charity of his choice. I see. Completely above board. Right.

Community League:

Saw the leaders of the pack out there today, that being Clyde Wake and Bob Norris. Oma and Lucas Bird also played - Diane reports that Lucas got his first par and shot under 60 for the first time too. Morris and son Mark Cornelius were also out playing around in the earlier part of the morning. Wanda Haag and Susie Chanley were out yesterday and insisted they were ready to make their move. Kim Jones out with hubby and Mike Albertson and did well.

Lyme Disease:

Nurse Wanda getting after me to see my doctor about sores left over from errant ticks. One of them anyway. This year I have attracted the tiny ones, the dear deer ones, the dangerous ones that transmit Lyme disease. One of the symptoms is feeling 'draggy' - Nurse Wanda asked spouse Diana if I was acting draggy to which spouse Diana replied that I always acted draggy. Hmmm. Go here for more on Lyme Disease.

Heading back to the greensward. Might be a great night to play a little golf. First a little mowing though. Senior League tomorrow. Movie tonight.

No comments: