Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bloomington Here I Come!

Picture: Diane and me from that same batch of pictures of a few years back that I've been posting.

Heading up to the big city in just a little bit. That reminds me of life on Lost River and the years I drove up to IU: From deep in the country where wild things were everywhere - we were eventually accepted by them, the wild things, after years of living back there; would leave in the darkness along a single lane road not much more than a cow path and eventually turn up in a city of a hundred thousand lights and real people of every age and description wandering around. For me, Bloomington was the big city, high energy. Of course, everything is relative: people in NYC look at people in Indianapolis as 'nappers'; people in Indy look upon people in Bloomington as I don''t know what but certainly not big city folk; people in Bloomington look upon people in Shoals as small town folk; and people in Shoals look upon people who live out in the country as, well, how about bumpkins - that has a nice sound to it. Country bumpkin - that's me. Diane would get so put out at me whenever we found ourselves in some big hurley-burley place and I would be hanging back and taking in just about everything I could but in the process moving about as fast as a snail in neutral. You remember she's a big city girl, Boise-Idaho-big-city big. But I digress and...

I gotta go; time's not a-wasting but I still gotta go.

No comments: