Saturday, November 10, 2007

Frank Sinatra and That Old Black Magic, etc.

Diane came up with the name of the tune that was playing in my head all day. That Old Black Magic and it was sung by Frank Sinatra, not Peggy Lee as I was thinking later on today (but maybe she sang it as well - just checked and yes she did along with many others - partial list here). The lyrics:

That old black magic has me in its spell, that old black magic that you weave so well.
Those icy fingers up and down my spine
That same old witchcraft when your eyes meet mine.
The same old tingle that I feel inside, and then that elevator starts its ride
And down and down I go, round and round I go, like a leaf that's caught in the tide.
I should stay away, but what can I do?
I hear your name and I'm aflame
Aflame with such a burning desire that only your kiss can put out the fire.
For you're the lover I have waited for, the mate that fate had me created for.
And every time your lips meet mine, darling, down and down I go, round and round I go
In a spin, loving the spin I'm in, under that old black magic called love.


Other neat stuff of the day:

College Football:
-Irish stomped by Air Force. Duke and ND square off next week to see who gets its 2nd win of the year. Any bets?
-Hoosiers lose to Northwestern.
-Purdue loses to Michigan State.
-Illinois upsets #1 Ohio State! Hey Hey!

-Veterans Day tomorrow - hug a veteran or get him out to the golf course.
-And the Vietnam Memorial just turned 25 - the memorial you won't want to miss if you go to Washington. (I wonder if it packs as much wallop for those of later generations as it does for us that lived through and experienced that war? Expect not...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would imagine the Vietnam War continues to pack a pretty big wallop for those who lost a parent during that infamous time. Those who were kids then are adults now, but losing a parent tends to change one's life forever. BTW, when did the government decide that it was indeed a "war"? When we were in the Navy they insisted it was merely a "conflict". Duh.