Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Follies Already Again: Football,

-Went over to Eric's last night and enjoyed the Green Bay-Dallas game. He was rooting for Favre and GB, I was rooting for Dallas (though no big fan of 'America's Team'). Fun game to watch, lots of offense, lots of sterling moments. First time I had heard Bryant Gumbel in years - he's a shadow of that super sports broadcaster Eric and I both remember from the '80's.

-Trip to Bloomington was a-okay. Root canal was a little more uncomfortable that I thought it would be but the procedure was done within an hour and my mouth was pretty much back to normal within three hours. I look forward to some long term relief from mouth pain. What a bother...

-Woodward's State of Denial update: Rumsfeld is still the bad guy; Tenet too much a part of the political process; Bush aloof and a cheerleader, non curious. War's aftermath reflects little planning, little coordination, constant bureaucratic bickering. Kay a good guy - tells it like it is - no WMD. Abu Ghraib stuff about to hit the fan.

Heading to the golf course in a bit. Sun is shining; still cool though at 40 degrees.

No comments: