Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sometimes Tuesdays Can Be Long...

...especially when you have to do doctoring along the way. Yes, that is part of what has been the story of my day. First Dr. Poirier and a blood draw along with a general check up; and then a little later in the morning over to Dr. Weir for a new cap on the right side of my mouth, a look see at a problem on the other side of my mouth, and finally a little visit with Meira over in the hygiene department. The problem on that other side of my mouth will result in my going up to Bloomington and Dr. Spires next week for my second root canal of the year and fourth in the last four years and the sixth tooth that has had root problems. What a bore it all is though it's always fun checking in with all these people that have been way too much of my life these past few years. But they have been the sugar that has helped the medicine go down. Dr. Weir has his bevy of women, all professional, all welcoming, including Pam, Meira, Tammy, Kelly, and Joy, all of whom have a smile and a wink to put you at your ease.

In between the two doctors I did get out to the golf course to do two things: try out the four foot putt drill on a real green (more on this in another blog along with a second golf tip from the sister sent golf calendar); and take pictures of the tee box swings of the boys, that being Jack Butcher, Jack Lents, Kenny Hudson and Rex Hudson. Did the putting drill on #2 green and caught the swinging action of the guys just across the way at #6 tee box. Hope to have some sort of composite picture album of those swings in days to come.

The latter part of the day saw me at the golf course again. Just after four I got caught way out on #6 by a call from Doug Denson who wanted a fourth for a Tuesday afternoon scramble. I was happy to accommodate and then joined with him in taking on Dave Wininger and Mark Jones who battled valiantly but in the end to no avail as we topped them by a single stroke.

And so it goes. World turns and we hang on.

No comments: