Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Heron with open beak and on one leg


He had just come up from the spillway on the other side of the dam where he might have had a meal. He balanced himself and proceeded to open his beak repeatedly - gulping - I assume as part of his digestive process. But I really don't know. Anyway, he continues to put on quite a show. This is Monochrome Monday on a Tuesday - yesterday was so slow around here that the day drifted along and kinda disappeared into oblivion without my hardly taking note of it (actually I was finishing up a pretty remarkable book - Caputo's A Rumor of War). For more black and whites from here and there and around and about, go here to Aileni's Monochrome Maniacs (oops - it's five hours later and Aileni's blog is not coming up; that's not good).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a nice crisp image, Michael.
I am adding you to the Mono Blogroll

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Great shot and it's so clear too!