Thursday, December 4, 2008

Loogootee Christmas Stroll 2008




Wandered into town to catch the last hour of the Loogootee Christmas Stroll last night. Still some locals meandering inspite of the light rain that fell and the late hour - between eight and nine. One young family stopped and asked me what was going on what with all the people in town and out on a Wednesday night. Saw golfer Curt Johnson who was in to help clean up at Blessings. Lots of youngsters; guess the twenty and on up crowd came out earlier. More of last night's photos can be seen at webshots.com.

(of note - from gopalshroti at picture social here:
ON night photography, several people wrote....but i feel, still the people are not satisfied. because they cannot get those results, which a pro or a over-enthusiast dare.
THERE is something in NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY that captivates all.....there is a mystical feel that a photographer gets when shooting after dark...The shadows and the selective lighting give ur creativity the outlet it was seeking.....However, what u see with ur eyes is seldom satisfactory to the photographer in you.....u will require tripod for stability..a lens cap, during long exposures, slow shutter speed. and if need be higher ISO setting.....the place u can choose from top of a building, in the centre of a wide road with dividers.....so both comings and goings can be caught., a flyover......SO SELECTING A VIEW POINT IS FIRST......if u are lucky one, there may be burst out of crackers in the sky.....NOW u can try/experiment, and which is not likeable, delete it, and preserve the correct and beautiful exposures, for tomorrow to show ur capability to ur family and friends.

My own self critique: I did need a viewpoint - the Square would have been a good place to set up my tripod; my ISO was set at 1600 and obviously should have been lower - note the graniness; did use a 2 second time delay which did help steady the camera; did have fun and gained experience and do wish it was dark already so I could go out and take some more photos - yes, I know, I could go into a closet or pull down the shades - wouldn't be the same though. Is a ball game in town tonight which will give me the opportunity to do another 'shoot'.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried much night shooting though I would like too. I like the idea of the Christmas stroll. :-)