Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Helping out the economy and an unwanted visitor

I did the right thing yesterday by going to Bloomington and spending some money. My way of doing something for the rascally economy we find ourselves in where everybody is holding on waiting to see what happens next. That would be holding on to their money, holding onto their jobs, holding onto their homes. Hunkering down. It's not a depression, the experts say, though it is very depressing, especially for those who have been hit in the head with the downturn.

Which reminds me: my plans for yesterday included some photo taking in and around B-town. Didn't take a one as it turned out as I had this little problem in my mouth that demanded attention. Mr. Toothache came back for a visit. He was a little timid at first - that would be Sunday night, but became more insistent the next morning, enough so that I paid attention and called Dr. Weir's office, talked with Pam, and got myself an appointment to see the man who would take care of Mr. Toothache. Turns out the tooth is doomed and not really necessary for my wellbeing. Comes out early Thursday morning, that would be tomorrow, up in Bloomington. Looking forward to saying 'good bye and good riddance' to Mr. Toothache.

Helping out the economy in more ways that I expected. Goods and services.

1 comment:

Marty Bird said...

Good to hear that painful tooth is going away - good riddance.