Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Watery Wednesday: heron at lake's edge

Our friendly heron who doesn't seem to mind my presence. I walked all around him taking pictures and he just kept his feet planted right there in that same spot keeping an eye on me but not about to give any ground (or water) whatsoever. The photo was taken just a little while ago as I was out and about on my afternoon walk. Submitted as my entry for Watery Wednesday for this week. Click on the link to view other Watery Wednesday participants. (Yes, I know it's Tuesday but that's allowed because it's Wednesday in Manila, and that's where this particular meme originates.)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the heron. They usually don't sit still for me. The minute they see me coming they start moving. I followed one part way around the lake before it got a little upset and just took off. :-)

I see you list of Stephanie Plum books. I've read them all and loved each one. :-)

Diane said...

Who do you like better, Stephanie or Lula? or how about Ranger or Morelli? sigh

michael bird said...

Well, you already know who gets my vote. As I've noted elsewhere, Stephanie and I sneak off for a midday nap together quite often since you introduced us several months ago. Sigh.

Carletta said...

Everyone must enlarge this one - the heron and the water is beautiful!

Sara Chapman said...

I love the water and his little stick legs. Great shot. Happy Watery Wednesday!

Leedra said...

Great Blue Heron seem to like to pose, up to a point

judi/Gmj said...

I really like your Heron. Mine is all squatty and focused on catching a fish. :D

Guy D said...

Love this pic. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Mary said...

Great shot and how amazing that he doesn't move! The one that lands on our pond flies off if I even look out the window at it, but I do catch some photos at the local wetlands. Thanks for visiting my blog! Always nice to meet another Indiana resident :-)