Thursday, November 20, 2008

Notes on a Thursday afternoon: the EC, personality test, the Dow, and the Rich

-While we're thinking of it, lets abolish the electoral college. The popular vote elects our senators and our representatives. Maybe (no maybe about it in my book) it should be used to elect our president as well. The NYTimes argues for its demise here.

-Via Kevin Drum (you are what you blog) and Andrew Sullivan, a Meyers-Briggs personality test that uses your blog to quantify your personality type - in about two seconds. Fyi, my two main blogs give me two different personality types, one as a performer and one as a doer. That's okay by me since each of them serve different purposes and such a result is not surprising.

-The Dow continues its plunge, now down below 7600. Holy cow, yeesh, eek, and daggumit, too. Jim and Wilma and Diane and I went to Bloomington and spent some money on odds and ends and lunch at the Great Wall, doing our best to prop up the local economy. Think Diane and I spent about $40 all told and Jim And Wilma substantially more (getting stuff for Thanksfiving dinner). That will help, won't it?

-I love it when the CEO's of the Big Three were asked how come they were sitting right there in front of a Congressional panel requesting mega bucks to bail them out of a bad situation after having flown into Washington in their personal (read very expensive) private jets. Seems like it's getting harder and harder to be rich and acceptable nowadays. Wonder if I could live with such a worry. Bet I could. Anyway, I am rich. So there.

Diane is heating up something to eat. Best stop and go join her for the evening meal - lets call it a supper since we ate enough at the Great Wall to count as dinner.

2 comments:

Marty Bird said...

Thanks for posting about the personality test. I love that kind of thing. My blog result? ESTP - The Doers. The Myers-Briggs I've taken in the past indicate INTJ, which I think is more accurate. When I go back and read my blog posts, ESTP seems right though - so obviously there is a "writing personality" that I've developed. Interesting.

michael bird said...

I remembered that you had a special interest in this kind of stuff and was thinking of you when reading and posting.