Monday, February 4, 2008

Hillary and Hate and Support

Jane Hamsher at firedoglake quotes at length an article by Stanley Fish in the NYTimes that talks of the venom directed at Hillary. Hard to believe that we call ourselves civilized sometimes. Misogyny is alive and well and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

From an article suggested by a commenter at the Fish article:

Me? I support Hillary Rodham because she’s the best qualified of all candidates running in both parties. I support her because she’s refreshingly thoughtful, and I’m bloodied from eight years of a jolly “uniter” with ejaculatory politics. I needn’t agree with her on every point. I agree with the 97 percent of her positions that are identical with Obama’s—and the few where hers are both more practical and to the left of his (like health care). I support her because she’s already smashed the first-lady stereotype and made history as a fine senator, because I believe she will continue to make history not only as the first U.S. woman president, but as a great U.S president.

I like...

No comments: