Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Funnies

Going to be heading over to the golf course directly. But before I do:

-lots of polling numbers out (tpm is one place to check) and you can usually find one or two to go along with how you feel. Expect Tuesday's voting will settle it in the Republican primaries (for McCain - what a surprise!) and move the Democrats down the road a piece with both Clinton and Obama getting themselves some more delegates and with the choice being no more decided than it is now.

-Tiger wins in Dubai with birdies on last two holes and a 'pedestrian' 71 by Ernie Els who started the day four strokes up on Mr. Woods.

Okay - heading to the golf course. World is still turning and it doesn't need me to be a watching it.

2 comments:

Marty Bird said...

Regarding Tiger and this day in sports: I watched the Dubai tourney on the Golf Channel early in the day . . . and while I was prepared for Ernie to win, I was inspired watching Tiger buckle down and do what he had to do to take the win from Ernie. Magnificent athlete, I'm fortunate to be alive while Tiger does his thing. Wow. Then, the Super Bowl, another inspiring experience, watching a team (not an individual) do that same thing that Tiger did. Reach out and grab the win, showing the world they were better than the mighty Pats on this day. What a great day in sports.

michael bird said...

Pretty good way to start and end just another Sunday in February, I would guess. Of course now I know you found the evening entertainment especially gratifying because you are , like me, a hugh Colt fan. Still, you are exactly right: very special happenings on what turned out to be Super Sunday for Tiger, the Giants, and millions of fans.