Friday, January 2, 2009

Rock walls and a guy named Perry


On one of yesterday's walk, I came upon the above pictured rockwork just around the corner from Miki and Kevin's place. Being an old hand at rock work, I was immediately impressed by both the task and the work being done. It is no mean task to put up a rock wall, especially if you use large rocks - something I avoided way back in the early '80's when I enclosed the underside of our Lost River home with field rocks. As I was taking the photos, the craftsman himself came out to chat. That would be the above pictured Perry, an exile from Brown Country - he moved in from forty-seven acres and is very much enjoying his neighborhood and the larger Bloomington area. And, yes, also the construction of the rock wall. It's a beauty.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: