Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Follies: Around and About

Up from the south and now with access to a computer and the internet once again. After a walk along the Ohio River early this morning, I sat and drank coffee and read for about an hour on the deck of the Riverboat Inn in Madison. Overlooking the Ohio River, it also peered out at a bridge that connected Indiana with Kentucky. So, river traffic though none then, was slower by far than the cars and trucks that moved across the bridge. In my current state of mind, my preference would be for the less rapid of the two. Did remind me of my days in the Navy when we steamed all over the Far East: Japan, Okinawa, Korea, Philippines, Hong Kong, Vietnam. Something very peaceful about the water, about standing and watching the water slip by. Remember Sidhartha, and the river, and the Om?

I see from the weather map that Loogootee has had a little weather this morning and maybe continuing on into the afternoon. No rain where I am though the skies are cloudy. Good for walking about.

Off again to do some foot stomping adventuring...

No comments: