Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday Notes:

Pictures: a backwoodsey view of the Lost River where we did a lot of fishing the first few years here in southern Indiana; and posh and elegance from a balcony at the French Lick Resort.

I'm back home. From Judy Garland and the Wizard of Oz: There's no place like home. (So what is the name of the Judy character in that movie?)

Other items:

-golf course is still there - good. I haven't lifted a club or even thought about hitting a ball since leaving. It will be very good to play today - I expect a fresh game and an equally fresh attitude.
-Diane reports that she and her sister did a lot of golfing in spite of the miserable weather during the last several days. That weather system for the most part stayed to the west of where I roamed (me and the antelope).
-stopped at Sam's on the way home yesterday afternoon and bought that camera I've had my eye on for several months, an Olympus E-410.
-did note that the Colts won easily yesterday afternoon; and that the Red Sox completed the sweep of the Rockies to win the World Series that in my mind was destined for the Cubbies.
-Bloomington, where I stayed the last few days and nights, is lovely. Did find in my wanderings that the mornings are for the older folk, the evenings for the younger. Probably true in any college town.

So it goes. World turns as it has for a very long time. Think about it...

1 comment:

michael bird said...

tks. I'll check it out!