Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Funnies: The Crossing

Dogs are barking, day is breaking, time for me to go out and find some breakfast. Did want to note that I'm still in touch with the important stuff, like the Red Sox going up 3-0 with a win in the mountains last night; and the Hoosiers loss to Wisconsin (I actually watched part of that ball game sitting in a near empty sports bar and nursing a glass of dark beer). But I'm also in touch with the unreality of it all, something reinforced by Cormac McCarthy and his book, The Crossing, which I have with me and spend the quieter moments of the day reading. In recent pages, a man loses his father and then his son and then spends the rest of his life seeking meaning and understanding, to no avail. Earlier pages: a boy and a wolf do come to an understanding but then are separated by an intentional gunshot. I know not where Cormac is leading me though he has captured my attention. Expect it will all come together in the end; then, maybe it won't.

So it goes.

No comments: