Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday Wrap: Football Woes, Wie,

-Irish waxed by Trojans, 38-0. Player of the game for the Irish - the punter. TV announcer says "not rubbing it in..." Wouldn't surprise me if that was the first time ever a punter was so celebrated. Irish are indeed woeful.
-Hoosiers hand one to the Nittany Lions. Too many turnovers in this one that reads like the Hoosiers could have won easily.
-Boilermakers win. Hurray.
-Nancy Lopez wants to give Michelle Wie a hug:

It's the mental pressure that Michelle Wie has had to endure that has been really tough. She may have the golf game like a 20 year old, but her mind's still young. For her to have to deal with the press and the media...here she was this great player and often times I would just cringe because I just wanted to take her into a room and hug her and tell her everything's going to be alright. You're young; Just concentrate on having fun.
The way I've been playing, though not because of any mental pressure that I'm aware of, I need to find a Nancy to take me into a room and hug me... Hmmm, that doesn't sound just right. Anyway, we all know it's my new glasses. Dang things.

World turns. More and more news items on Blackwater, that Crusader force fighting the infidel around the world. Worth watching them and reducing them to gate guards at gypsum plants. This is a start - report that says they are to be eased out of Iraq.

No comments: