Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Other Neverland...

...at least for the moment in in Madison in the southeastern corner of the state. Arrived here about two hours ago after driving up from Clarksville with a stopover at Hanover College (Danielle had a passing interest in this beautifully set place of higher education). Madison itself is a lovely town with lots of historic areas and buildings - so far, it's all historic to me. Right now I'm in the public library using an available computer - with a time limit - fifteen minutes and I'm down to ten.

After leaving yesterday around noon, I drifted over to our old home place on the Lost River - still a lovely and remote neck of the woods. A deer scampered away as I walked towards the cabin, probably one of Diane's friends of several years ago.

Once on the road again, I stopped in at the French Lick Resort just for a change of pace, like from backwoodsey to elegant and posh. Also stopped in at their new sports center out behind, or maybe to the side of the main building. Very empty yesterday with the overcast and the cool. One of the pros was out in the enclosed range hitting golf balls and doing a pretty good job of hitting a particular spot so that the ball came back to him; miss the spot and the ball goes awry. Complimented him on his sharpshooting - he said he didn't have to walk all that far if he was accurate enough.

Okay, need to get back outside and do some more wandering around here in this lovely town. I'm on the river so I get to watch river traffic tonight if I so desire.

And yes it's nice being away and having other neverlands to go to...

No comments: