Wednesday, July 11, 2007


Pictures: From last night's Men's League, Derek Gilbertson, first time sub, finishing on #9; and Greg Potts in clubhouse after posting his best score ever, a 34.

On Lakeview's Community League:

Wanda Haag, Susie Chanley, Wilma Bateman and Patty Bowling all out this morning whacking golf balls all around the place. Patty's score not so golden as the one last week.

On Politics:

Via tpmmuckraker on the Sara Taylor hearings going on right now:

"I took an oath the president, and I take that oath very seriously," Sara Taylor said in answer to a question early in the hearing.

And right after a break, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) asked her if she was sure about that. "Did you mean, perhaps, you took an oath to the Constitution?" Leahy asked. It was a telling exchange. "I know that the president refers to the government being his government -- it's not," Leahy reminded her.


On the Arvin Outing at Sultan's Run

I was chided last night by Joe Allen for not posting the second place team at the Arvin Outing. So first here is the second place team which also finished at -3: Joe Allen, Mike Kidwell, Gerald Kalb and John Foddrill (?). (I misplaced my official list of teams and team members. Is that right? John Foddrill was the fourth player?) Maybe one of you in the know can tell me who came in third; post it in the comments, please. Joe's team did play the full 18 holes claiming they didn't come in because they didn't really know if they heard a siren and if they did hear a siren they didn't know what it meant. Hmmm, interesting explanation; think I'll store that in my top ten list of reasons not to do something I have no intention of doing: "I didn't hear what you said, honey, and even if I did hear you I wouldn't have understood what you meant".

BTW, Dan Steiner and I have not seen our share of the winnings. We expect it is safely in the hands of Brent Courter and growing as we speak. Do I remember correctly that Dan Graber is now working in a bank? If so, and if he is the one with the winnings, am sure it is growing there as well.

On Computers

Diane's sharing her computer; new one for me to be delivered and set up tomorrow or the next day. Hurray!

So it goes for now. Going to town now to see about a pole for the antenna and some kind of fasteners for the wires. And gas for the Jeep.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Mike!
John Foddrill here. I was not able to attend the Mike Arvin event, but I would still be happy to collect my share of the 2nd place winnings!