Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thursday Shot of the Day

Morning here in the Bird House. Diane up earlier than me (not all that unusual) and already done her thing in cyberspace. I'm checking radar and looks like we have a good day in front of us. Of course, there is always that pop up thingee that could surprise us. But we'll go with what we see and keep our fingers crossed. I'm again on Diane's computer: this from Yahoo News:

From Neil Armstrong to Oprah Winfrey, profiles of eight remarkable Americans.


Hmmm, haven't looked at the list yet but am wondering who would be my top ten icons. Don't think Neil or Oprah would be there though Oprah is some kind of very special woman. Here's a starting point: just take a piece of paper and a pencil and write down the first twenty Americans that come to mind; then pare down to ten and lets see if we have anything that makes sense. My list: Charlie Sheetz, Sam Potts, Bob Norris, Clyde Wake, Jack Butcher, Diane Bird, Bob Elliott, Joe Gray, Wilma Bateman, Jack Lents. Hmmm, guess I have Senior League on my mind. Oh well, that's okay. I'll think on the other list as the day goes on. See you all in a bit.

No comments: