Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tuesday Shot of the Day

Solid competition abounds. Doing the math, any one of the top eleven teams or individuals could take over first place tonight. More realistically, anyone in the top five. I love the very low handicapper (Trenton Kidwell) sitting on top of the crowd. Tim Miller, another low handicapper, not that far away. (You have heard that low handicappers don't stand a chance in this kind of league, something I've never believed, and still don't. Of course, what's the definition of a high handicapper? seven? ten? more? anything higher than you?) Lets get on with it and see what happens, see if the pressure of being in contention has any effect at all.

More later as the day gets on with itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must think just because were high handicappers its going to stay that way,some of us proggressivly excell throughout the season?

michael bird said...

No I do not think that and I have seen some big swings in handicaps this year. Two golfers come to mind immediately - Curt Johnson and Charlie Sheetz. And Charlie Lyon stormed the barricades earlier this year. Anything is possible and I love to see golfers work at their game and see improvement. Of course I have seen the opposite as well and I am one of the ones who saw their games go south - last year when I did not play as a regular league member. So, anything is possible - one of the very neat things about the game of golf.