Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday with the Birds

Mid afternoon and Sheryl is taking care of business. Brought the big mower home and mowed for the first time in weeks; one of the benefits of dry weather.

News on the laptop: I again stuck it in the refrigerator yesterday to get it started after it did its i-don't-want-to-start-thingee both up in Brownsburg and once home. I did one other thing when I put it to bed last night: I pulled the power plug. And I repeated that little operation this morning when I headed to the golf course; and also after my lunch session with cyberspace. And, guess what? My baby came to life when I pushed the power on button! My oh my, will wonders never cease. So, for now, me and my baby are on good talking terms.

Diane and Shirley, Wilma and Patty (please spell it with a 'y', Michael, somebody asked me this morning; not mentioning names or anything but she did have her best round ever this morning and was very pleased with herself; Wilma was too). Dear Shirley was ready to go when I pulled in just before 8 this morning and I knew that Diane was just getting started on the computer catching up on her mail and stuff and enjoying a second cup of coffee. So I asked Shirley if she had a date to play golf with her Community League partner. Yes. Hmmmm. Pulled out my high tech cell phone and immediately got the leave-me-a-message message. Oops, not good news, Diane didn't turn her cell phone on yet. And, being on the puter, the land line wasn't going to work either. I did try though. Busy, busy, busy. Told Shirley she best go over to Diane's place and have a cup of coffee while Diane got golf ready. No, no, no, you go. So, left the world with Shirley (she handled it very well) and scurried home and whispered through the den window to Diane that her date was waiting. OMG... Tell her I'll be there in ten minutes. Now guys, I am not telling lies, that is what she told me and that is what she did. Ten minutes. A mere ten minutes. From just out of bed and done with her first cup of coffee to golf ready. Fast woman, that Diane, very fast. At least for Shirley and a Monday morning golf outing.

Heading back to the course. It will be a good night to catch a little golf, me thinks.

No comments: