Thursday, June 7, 2007

Special Moments

Curt Johnson reported today that he got his very first par round yesterday. He still had a big smile on his face. It was made even more special by the way he did it: eagled #6 to be even for his round; parred #7 and then lipped one out on #8 to go one over. On #9, his tee shot landed a foot in front of the flag and then ran to a foot on the far side of the flag. Easy putt for birdie and his par round. Super stuff. Of course he updated his swing coach on his progress (Kevin down in Orlando). I told him that those old mid 40 rounds were now a thing of the past. No backsliding allowed.

And so it goes. The world is still turning; I guess Washington DC is still somewhere east of us. I heard on the radio as I was mowing that the Cubbies actually won 3 out of 4 with their manager suspended. But he's back now. Spurs and Cavs tonight, probably playing right now. Wonder how LeBron is doing.? Tomorrow maybe some weather in the picture, storms and stuff; maybe not though. Sun and wind today about did me in. Expect I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: