Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wednesday End of the Day and Time for Bed

But before I wander off to sleepy time:

Lunch at Stolls today to celebrate the birthday boys. Eric and Colleen and Sheryl and Ian and Diane and Jim and Wilma and Lucas and me. And Rita Butcher stopped me and said hello. Lovely Rita who I haven't seen for several years. Her hubby all the time. And several of her children keep popping in and playing some golf, or to drop off a child to play some golf. Rita - thank you for the hello. I am touched. And I hope it isn't another several years before we meet again. (Rita used to come out to the golf course every now and then with Jack; but not for a long time now.)

And now off to bed for a little sleep before we seniors all get together in a few hours to whack that silly little ball around. Oh, and Tom Taylor got himself a 39, as did Eric Bird, in Community League action today. Somebody keep the lights on and the world's engines running. We do have to keep getting to wherever it is we're going.

No comments: