Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday and let the fun begin

More from Washington:

VP insists he is above the law; the decider agrees. See WAPO article for more details on how Chaney makes the case that he is not in the Executive Branch and thus not subject to the Nation's laws on oversight and the handling of classified material. Democrats are being picky again, insist Chaney is a man.

In sports:

Cubs win, beat White Sox. I'm surprised at how sweet it is to say that: Cubs win. Another Harry Carey phrase? Like Holy Cow? Was brought up listening to Jack Brickhouse who was mostly silent when compared to game coverage nowadays.

About computers:

Did get my laptop started last night after putting it in the frig for five minutes. Think I need to take it apart and get the dust off the heat sink; maybe check the operation of the cooling fan; could turn on the house air conditioner (off with Diane gone and me mostly out). And it did turn on without incident this morning. Will wonders ever cease?

On getting a move on:

I should do it; time is running away from me.

No comments: