Saturday, August 4, 2007

In the Meantime


Picture: Tom Holt, 'Mayor of Myers Point'

With SAIC taking over the golf course this morning, I had time to breakfast with Tom Holt who had originally come over for the Saturday Manager's Scramble. After breakfast at Stolls, we went over to his place on the lake - on Myers Point. First time I had been over there and it's just a hop, skip and a jump around the bend from number 4 green. Lots of trees, lots of water, lots of empty space in his neck of the woods. Surprised me as I think of lakeside homes being squinched and packed in pretty tightly and I expect maybe that's the case in other places around the lake. But not on Myers Point. Now if they can keep that sense of spaciousness...

Holy Cow! Just checked the leader board at the British Open. Lorena way out in front and through twelve holes. She's at -8 with Wendy Ward being the closest competitor at -2. Everybody else even or worse. My oh my. Looks like a first major for the lady from Mexico. That's cool.

Heading back to the golf course. SAIC getting close to done. Got to see how Tyler Kidwell did; and Denny and Sharon W. Time for you to head on out that way too.

No comments: